Friday, February 17, 2006

Hampplesauce

The longest I’ve sat in the testing center is three hours. People may have taken longer. I would not wish it upon anyone, but I suppose it is possible to take a test for four hours. The longest I’ve gone without eating a bag of potato chips is somewhere around two and a half weeks. I am curious why students must open loud bags of chips to hold them over during tests. Are they that hungry?
Today I sat in the music room of the Testing Center and the quiet ambiance there was rudely interrupted by the crackle of a bag and crunch of a chip from a student in the seat furthest from me.
I do not fault the ignorant students for their blunders. If the Campus Vending Services supplied the Testing Center vending machines with more ‘quiet foods,’ test-time chip crunching might be diminished. Quiet foods such as fruit snacks, or astronaut foods in tubes (such as ham and applesauce or “hampplesauce”) would help. This would allow those who never broke the sacrament meeting cheerio habit to silently consume their treat like a phantom in the night, and me to take my test without more frustration than necessary.

3 comments:

Lorien said...

maybe the byu should make special sound-proof rooms for noisy activities like chip munching and sniffing. these are important issues.

Kactiguy said...

They could use bubblewrap.

J-Rad said...

Douchebag.