Monday, August 24, 2009

She-Mullet




Before I cut my hair last week I thought it might be a good idea to see what kind of bad hair I could do with my hair. I see some pretty bad haircuts and styles at work, and I figured I might be able to duplicate the haircuts we saw at the demolition derby.


As you can see, the top of the hair is as high as possible, and the front, or "bangs" are curled on the top of the forehead. I've seen some at Home Depot where the bangs begin at one ear, and go all the way over to the other ear. They probably use a ridiculous amount of hairspray and spend a ridiculous amount of time achieving the effect. I did it in about 15 seconds.



While most women at Home Depot who wear this haircut don't have sideburns like I do, some do. They also flip the back of their hair up, some achieving a complete curl. Somehow most use enough hairspray or something to keep the lines from a comb or brush on the side of their head for a full 24 hour period. I don't know how they do this, but they do.


Another view of the flip in the back. Sometimes referred to the "duck butt".


I imagine some of the women who wear hairdo's like this spend close to an hour to put this together. I did the entire thing in less than one minute.



1 comment:

Alyssa said...

I am so very grateful that your hair is not like that always. SO very grateful.