Friday, July 06, 2007

My New Room

Since March I have been living in the basement of my parents house in a room without a real closet. I just have been using the guest bedroom's closet for those things that need to be hung such as suits, dress shirts, pants and ties. I have gotten on without a closet down here, but walking up an entire flight of stairs was becoming to be a bit combersom. In addition to my slight case of slothfulness, my brother moved into the guest room and took up half of that closet and inspired me to put a wardrobe into my downstairs room.

In the initial brainstorm session, I thought a wire wardrobe bought at Wal-Mart or target would do the trick, but that would be too easy, too quick and too tacky. 3 months, a fresh coat of paint on the walls and 5 wardrobe boxes from Ikea (6 if you count the one I tried to set up by myself, exploded and fell on my foot... I don't count it, but you can if you want) later I have a new room, with more than just a closet, its an orginizational system. Here are some photos... and Guy, Lorien, Dallas... spare the gay jokes. I'm not gay.





2 comments:

The Dally Llama said...

GAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAYGAY

willus said...

Jerk